Love And Walking In Unity – Dr Ayo Ajim
Ephesians 4:3 NLT 1 cor1:10 (NLT)
When we quarrel and are disunited we have the enemy winning because you cannot attract God’s blessings then. We have to make every effort to keep the peace and unity
– love is best proven in undesirable situations which could sometimes be unpleasant
– We are too long for the ideal and learn to live with the real. None of us is perfect.
– We have a need for mercy so be willing to show mercy, when you understand we have a need for forgiveness we have to be willing to show forgiveness.
– The call to protect the unity of our Church, homes and the workplace is a job for every one of us
– God can not bless us till we are united psalm 133. Not because of the person but because of the blessing
Things we need to do to bring unity. Focus on what unites us not our differences Rom 14:19 NLT
Staying in the marriage and working things out even is Mc we start for the Children’s sake is a righteous act. Focus on what you have in common the children and their destiny are common grounds. We have one God one faith, one baptism, one God and father of all Ephesian 4:5-6
Encourage rather than criticize. You are not the Holy Spirit who convicts of sin, judgment, and righteousness. Rom 14:4 and 14:10 ( (NLT , JB Philips)God did not call us to condemn men but to inspire and motivate. No one gets away with injustice, God says vengeance is mine I will repay. Inspire and motivate others
Refuse to Listen to or encourage gossip. Gossip is passing on negative information to which the listener is neither part of the problem nor the solution (need-to-know basis). 3 Responses to gossip are :
– Permit it :listen to it and nothing. Those who gossip to you will gossip about you Prov 20:19(AMP)
– Propagate it. Cannibal Christian’s make the gossip and make the problem bigger Gal 5:15 AMP, stop biting and devouring one another. Jude 1:18-19 MSG
– Prevent it Proverbs V26:20 AMP, Matthew 18:15-17 speak with the offender not gossip to others Matthew 5:9. Be a peace maker
Lord help me to be a peace maker, bringing unity not division among men. Let me truly love folks and not just say I do.